Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The flying pie

Cat, bat, mat, sat are so typical and remind us of Jr Kg Rapid Reading, like one of my students mentioned last time!
How about taking simple rhyming words and converting them into out of this world work of poetry?! Poetry, created impromptu by a group of seven year olds sitting in a circle and adding lines, one after another. These children read the ever so funny, Fantastic Daisy Artichoke at our reading program and later sat down with one word; PIE. They had to create a rhyming poetry...

Here goes -

Once I had a pie,
it was very high.
It would fly high,
up in the sky,
but I don't know why?
To catch it I would try,
but it would always fly.
And then, it would die,
and that is such a lie!
It would also cry,
because it was a baby pie.
And why would it cry?
I have no idea, let me try!
- Aditya Birla World Academy Grade II

Kudos to this wonderful creation. Little seven year olds making poetry in less than 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment